Thursday 27 November 2014

Lagos State Police Parade 25 year Old Nigerian Musician Turned Armed Robber


The Lagos State Police command paraded a 25 year old musician named John Sunday, yesterday who
says he became an armed robber in order to gather N100,000 to promote his reggae album.


     “I am a musician from Ikofepepe in Akwa Ibom State. We were three in the gang, but one is on            the run. I needed money to launch my album, Tureke Reggae; that is why I went into robbery.            I was targeting N100,000" John said when he was interrogated.

John Onyekachi Oshomi who claimed to be a bus conductor revealed that he joined the gang in order to cater for his family.They were both arrested on the 21st of November.

     "I was a commercial bus conductor. We were operating on the Agege Total-Oshodi route. I just            got married, but my wife is still in the village. I was looking for money to feed her whenever               she comes to Lagos; that was why I went into armed robbery. ” Sunday confessed.

According to the Nation, Lagos state police commissioner stated he got a tip off on November 21 at 10 pm that some armed robbers were planning to rob Lagos, he said he directed the officer in charge of special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS) Abba Kyari a superintendent of police (SP) to immediately go after them.

    “With two decoy teams, they stormed their hideout and arrested Onyekachi Oshomi and John              Sunday with a revolver pistol. During interrogation, they confessed to the crime including                  snatching of several cars within the metropolis. Efforts have been stepped up to arrest those that          are still at large,” Aderanti said.
Both men will soon be charged and taken to court.

No comments:

Post a Comment